Are you on track to become a brand journalist who craves variety? Do you describe yourself as a life-long learner who is hungry to become an expert in a variety of topics? Are your friends jealous of your intellect? Are you that person who anticipates what a client needs before they know they need it? Do you like to laugh and have fun at work?
If this describes you we want you on our team! Growing integrated marketing firm is looking for a top notch content creator intern to join us on our journey. We are a team-centric environment where your ability to jump in and help your coworkers is central to your success. This person must embody the highest standards of journalism, and understand what makes content informing, entertaining and engaging, across web, mobile and social platforms.
- Pursuing College degree; BA/BS in journalism, communications, English, marketing or other applicable field
- Internship or other experience creating short- and long-form content
- Understanding of AP style
- Continuous drive to research and develop understanding of target audience information needs and interests
- Organize highly-technical ideas, complex concepts and information into accurate, easy to understand content
- Exceptional project management skills and attention to detail. Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and prioritize multiple tasks
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating engaging online content (text, interactive, social)
- Meticulous attention to detail with outstanding proofreading, fact checking and editing skill
- Digital copywriting including website content, blog posts, white papers and social media posts
- Copywriting for print materials including brochures, advertisements, annual reports
Preferred Candidates will have:
- Understanding of essential elements of effective marketing
- Ability to conceptualize the importance of content across various media formats, including infographics, videos, social media, presentations, etc.
- A portfolio showing previous online work is strongly preferred
- Experience with Content Management Systems such as WordPress, Drupal, etc.
- Experience working on websites and mobile/tablet apps is a plus
- A understanding of online analytics (including products like Google Analytics or Omniture) and real-time editorial decision-making products
- Ability to create content for print materials including brochures, advertisements and annual reports
- Technology aptitude, which may include but is not limited to, experience with XML-based tools or technologies used for print and digital production, archiving, or content reuse to facilitate new technology implementation or electronic workflows or HTML
- Effective problem-solving and critical-thinking skills; the ability to identify, analyze, avoid or resolve issues in a methodical, timely and efficient manner while understanding the implications and expected outcomes
- High level of initiative and innovation; ability to identify, propose, and support process improvements using critical thinking
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and across functional areas to achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to work independently with a strong emphasis on attention to detail and a solid understanding of how and when to escalate issues appropriately
Please forward your resume and electronic samples of your work to:
Our HR Department